Strategic Planning and Service Review
Liverpool Migrant Resource Centre (LMRC) approached DiverseWerks to assist with developing a Strategic Plan for 2014-18. LMRC also wanted support to review a series of programs including their multicultural playgroups, the Cultural Connect Project, which is a component of the MRC's Multicultural Family Support Program.
DiverseWerks was engaged to conduct both the strategic planning process for LMRC as well as the reviews of the suite of identified programs.
To set the strategic directions for LMRC, DiverseWerks ran a two-day strategic planning program with LMRC in 2013. The first day involved setting the vision and strategic priorities for the MRC, a discussion of the issues impacting on the organisation, its future role and viability, and a conversation on the strategic directions and aims. Day two of the planning program involved developing detailed strategic priorities and activities with LMRC staff and executive.
The program review process included a series of activities to inform the Review including:
- A document review - which mapped where the Program deficits were allocated and where the Project sat within the MRC.
- Observational research - we attended and observed three of the six multicultural playgroups LMRC oversees.
- Facilitated consultations.
- Financial Model Analysis - on completion of the fieldwork and document review, we analysed the data and applied financial formulas to the projected project budget.
- Reporting and recommendations - a report was produced for the consideration of the Project's senior management and the LMRC's management committee, providing five proposed budget options for consideration.
DiverseWerks developed the Strategic Plan for 2014-18 for LMRC, encompassing the feedback from the two-day strategic planning program. We also delivered a comprehensive Review on the Cultural Connect Project for LMRC, providing detailed program and fiscal analysis.