CIRCA is looking for an experienced, highly motivated and dedicated Consultant to join our small Sydney team. CIRCA is a market leader in social research and evaluation with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and culturally and linguistically diverse communities.
We would appreciate applications from people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent, or a language background other than English.
The Consultant position entails:
- Working in a client-focused team, committed to best practice when working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities
- Responding to research and evaluation requests, designing culturally appropriate methodologies and evaluation frameworks and preparing detailed proposals
- Managing and conducting fieldwork, including the development of research and evaluation tools, undertaking qualitative research (including interstate travel), briefing and supporting bilingual and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander research partners
- Conducting analysis of a range of qualitative and quantitative data, delivering strategic insights, preparing written reports and verbal presentations
- Collaborating in all aspects of project management and developing new business.
To be successful for the role, you will need to demonstrate the following:
- At least 3 years’ experience working in social policy, social research and/or program evaluation
- History of successful project planning and management, and the ability to work collaboratively in a team, as well as manage several projects and tasks concurrently within tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to collate, analyse and synthesise research data into high quality reports for diverse stakeholders, including government. Experience in quantitative research methods is desirable.
- Demonstrated high-level communication skills both written and verbal
- Interest in new and innovative research and evaluation approaches
- Demonstrated ability to build strong client relationships
- Ability to develop and sustain strong relationships with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and CALD stakeholders, communities and government
- Direct experience or a strong interest in research with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and/or culturally diverse communities.
At CIRCA we provide our employees with excellent working conditions, a modern, respectful, collaborative culture and a family friendly environment which accommodates a range of personal circumstances.
How to apply for this job
Please send a cover letter addressing the selection criteria (no more than 3 pages) and your CV by COB 27th July 2018 to: Jess Willis - firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line: Research Consultant application via EthicalJobs.
If you would like more information about the role, please contact: Andrew Anderson - email@example.com - 02 8585 1353