Do you know any young people from refugee or asylum seeking background, aged 12-30, living in western Sydney? There is a great opportunity with Youth Off The Street, a community organisation, who is looking for young people to join them to co-design a new service for youth in partnership with Western Sydney University and the Australian Centre for Social Innovation (TACSI). It is a chance to make a difference to their communities.
What’s in it for the participants?
Those who join the team to co-design the service will receive a range of benefits that including, but not limited to:
- $50 voucher each week that they participate
- Valuable training with Youth Off The Streets, Western Sydney University and TACSI
- Learning new skills that can be transferred to a variety of contexts
- Reference letter from Youth Off The Streets that will be great for their resume
- A certificate of participation
- No out of pocket travel expenses
There is less than a week left to participate. If you know a young person who would like to jump on board to create a service and make a difference to the lives of others, please click here and complete our online form before 29 January 2018. For more information please contact Sarah Dodds at Youth Off The Streets at: 0415 648 476
Youth Off The Streets is a non-denominational community organisation working for disadvantaged young people who may be homeless, drug dependent and/or recovering from abuse. For more information, please go to https://youthoffthestreets.com.au/