Migration Institute of Australia (MIA)
DiverseWerks - Strategic Planning
The Migration Institute of Australia engaged DiverseWerks to assist the organisation in setting its future strategic directions.
To complete this task DiverseWerks used the following methodology:
- Interviewed members of the MIA Board;
- Interviewed senior staff;
- Reviewed relevant policy documents and reports; and
- Prepared an issues paper to guide the strategic planning workshop which was held in June 2015.
The issues paper:
- Considered what could be included in the vision for the MIA into the future;
- Identified the main issues confronting the MIA today; and
- Outlined the main themes for future strategic directions.
Following the strategic planning workshop, the strategic issues paper and the workshop outputs were used as the foundation to formulate a strategic plan for the organisation.